All written work on your site – the analysis and site maps, etc – DUE to Discovery on November 26th @ noon before presentations start. Whether you present that first day or later, all work is due at this time. I will take screen shots of your site, so please do not make any changes until you have presented in class.
Students will produce a prototype web site using WordPress as a content management system. Individuals might design a portfolio site, a site to sell a product or a travel site for example.
The prototype will be assessed based on aesthetics, usability, social network integration and creativity. The site must be hosted on WordPress.org.
Deliverables to include a project plan that builds upon the lessons from the semester:
Details (please give your document the underlined & bold headings here, cutting out the explanations):
Competitive Analysis (Copy/Paste these headings into a document). This is the essay portion of your assignment – it should resemble the Web Analysis you did at the beginning of the term.
- Mission Statement for your site:
- Genre: What type of site is YOUR site?
- Audience: Who is YOUR audience? A paragraph on the general audience for the site and….
- Three personas
- these can simply be the ones you did in class on 10/24, but you must include them.
- Assessment: How do you know if the site is “successful?” — (donations, sign-ups, sales, etc)
- Design: What are the design criteria? (is your site bold, soft, bright, plain – etc) – here are some good guidelines/questions to check out: Design Criteria
- Analysis of Others (three sites like yours)
- Org name, URL, home page screen shot,
- Analytical summary, including “do-s” and “don’t-s”.
- See Example here (this example is on a website – YOURs will be on a document)
- Site 1:
- Site 2:
- Site 3:
- Site Map: this does not have to have much detail, simply a label for each piece of the site.
- Wire Frame: lots of detail here (see examples) – best done in a PPT and converted to a document or PDF.
- Social Media tie-in: write at least a paragraph as to why particular social media tie-ins are important to your site?
- Marketing: how will your audience learn about your site? (another paragraph – dream big).
STOP HERE FOR THE DOCUMENT – LOAD TO DISCOVERY – should be a combination of .doc and .ppt or all in one PDF if you’d like.
Completed Site – I will compare your written work with what appears on your site
- Should match up to your content plan
- Should take advantage of your new knowledge of color, layout and typography
- The following elements must be present:
- at least three good examples of writing for the web
- logical use of plug-ins
- at least one image or video per page – properly cropped and sized
- you may fill some pages with nonsense text, but I must know what WILL go there eventually.
Term Project – Website on WordPress.org