Some nice resources from a grad class at UW
- Storyboarding Tips
- Color Me Impressed
- Choosing Colors
- Designing for the First 50 Miliseconds
- Text Positive
- In pairs – look at the following and find their site maps
- Now talk about site structure. What is the overall “table of contents” for the site? (This is another way to think about navigation structure.) What kind of content will live in each category? Which pieces of content will “live” in more than one category via the magic of hyperlinks?
- Now talk about content. Where are you going to get your content? What content is related to social media (either crowd-sourced or developed and deployed for social networking sites)? Remember, the final project has to contain content – so this is a good time to start identifying the content for the top level pages for each section, at a minimum. Think of this as a draft of your deliverable to me (content plan new/conversion and social media integration).
- Finally, which social media sites absolutely must be integrated with this website? Why? How are you going to do this?